Sunday 23 August 2015

SITC2015




What a day! It was probably one of the best days of my life, I met Alana and Caitlin finally, they were both so lovely and we all got on so well. I got to meet so many amazing people and the whole day was just brilliant and I'm so grateful to everyone who had a part to play in Summer in the City because I just had the best time!

So where do I begin? Well, lets start when I met Riyadh (youtube- RiyadhK), I sadly didn't get meet and great tickets to meet him however, we were tweeting before and he said he'd meet me after his meet and greet was finished, so I was like, great! What I loved about SITC was that youtubers were just walking around and I just saw him and I went over and he goes, "George!" I'm like he knows my name! I hug Calum (because I met him shortly before) and then Riyadh, I then presented the scrapbook I made for him and I was speechless about how much he loved it! He showed all his friends that were around us that were all AMAZING by the way. I was just beyond words, he then is like I have to vlog this, in my head I'm like I'm going to be in the video, first thought, fix my hair! Afterwards we got into a really cute chat about life and it was just so nice to really spend quality time with someone you have watched on youtube for so long.




I went to only one panel that day and that was LGBTQ+ one and I had such good time, it was really fun yet we still talked about important issues in our community and the youtubers on the panel were just legendary, Riyadh Khalaf, Laci Green, Calum Mcswiggan, Alex Bertie, Savannah Brown and Joseph Harwood were all amazing and Riyadh told me before that this was his first panel but I thought he was a natural. I was fortunate enough for my question to be answered and that really was a great feeling.



Then I met the absolutely lovely Lucy and Lydia at their 4pm meet and greet and I can honestly say that they were just so genuinely lovely and they both gave me a huge squeeze and it was like I had known them for years. Lucy and I had a great chat about how Honeymoon Avenue by Ariana Grande isn't acknowledged enough and we all established that we are so similar!! They were really just the definition of lovely and I only wished I had more time to speak to them, but you know how meet and greets work.



My day was pretty amazing and I would like to thank everyone who had a part to play in this year's Summer in the City and I can't wait for next year!


George x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© George Clark | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig