Sunday 2 August 2015

Review: Miss Saigon





I am an absolute musical lover, I just can't get enough of them and last night I went to see Miss Saigon, we were up in London and we just fancied seeing a show so we ended up getting last minute tickets for the 7:30pm show. I had wanted to see it for quite a while and I had really high expectations because I was told how amazing it was and I wasn't disappointed. It was incredible, spectacular, amazing, sensational plus many more adjectives with the same theme! I am quite a tough critic and to me this was one of the best musicals I have ever seen.

The cast was incredible too, Eva Noblezada was truly breathtaking as Kim, her vocals and her performance were down to a t, perfect, in my eyes, the power in her voice was just beautiful and really pulled on my heart strings. The fact that this show is her West End debut gives me great excitement to see what she will do in the future.

Next, Richard Carson as Chris was sensational, his vocals were truly incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better portrayal of Chris, he played the role perfectly. His connection with Eva was so beautiful and it did bring a tear to my eye. His duet with her, Sun And Moon was so magical and I will always remember that. Also This Money's Yours, oh there was so many great moments!

There really isn't anything bad I can say about this show, it really just put me in absolute awe. The other characters like Ellen and Thuy were also incredible they were played by Carolyn Maitland and Sangwoong Jo, both outstanding and Carolyn's rendition of Maybe was incredible and brought me to tears. Sangwoong as Thuy really was brilliant, he really played the role perfectly and even though you weren't really supposed to like him because of his character, I really admired his performance.

Wow, the Engineer, played by Christian Rey Marbella, now he brought the comedy to the musical and he really did it well, he's a really talented man and he executed his role wonderfully and he did make me laugh in the midst of my tear shed.

Natalie Mendoza as Gigi also really stood out for me, her vocals were so beautiful and so powerful and I felt so sorry for her character and she will really stick with me and pulled many of my heart strings. The Movie In My Mind rendition was just beautiful.

Overall I thought the show was just breathtaking and I would go again to see it in a heartbeat and I'm planning to again around christmas. I haven't yet listened to anything else but the soundtrack yet, it was just incredible thats all I can say, incredible. I just want to say a huge well done to the whole cast you were all just brilliant and don't forget Tam, who was just absolutely adorable!  This is my new favourite musical! I seriously recommend going to see it, you won't regret it.

George x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© George Clark | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig