Sunday 30 October 2016

12 hours in Paris








Another early wake up call, 5am I've decided is a truly ungodly hour and it should not be seen. Anyway at least there was a valid reason to wake up that early, to venture to the city of love. Paris is one of my favourite cities and I was completely blown away again by the beautiful architecture, the street style, the shops, the food. The list could continue forever. A group of friends and I went for my friend's 18th. 

It was so refreshing to go to another city abroad and just escape for the day. I have a deep love for France and I have completely fallen head over heels with the romantic ambiance since I was very young. As Abba says "walks along the Saine, laughing in the rain, our last summer memories that remain". It's just a magical city and I adore it. Sorry for that soppy paragraph, it just puts a spell on you. 

I think the highlight of my day was walking around the vintage shops, we went to this shop called Episode where I bought some dockers trousers for €25! Bargain! And some €10 glasses I couldn't resist, because if you know me, you'll know I've wanted glasses since I was about 5 so I figured it was time to buy some even if they're not the Tom Ford ones I dream about. 

Overall we had such an eventful day, we had incredible sandwiches from this little boulangerie, crepes and chocolat chuads in this quaint cafe next to Killiwatch (a vintage shop). We got lost, went to the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and took reams and reams of pictures. Just a great distraction from everyday life for the day. 

Even if going abroad isn't an option, I urge you to go somewhere different for the day and explore its so good for the mind and I feel it really gives me a new lease of life. 

Outfit: Coat- UO
           Turtle Neck- Topman
           Jeans- Topman
           Boots- Russell and Bromley

G x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© George Clark | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig