Monday 9 January 2017

3 LGBTQ books you should read

I just wanted to talk about some LGBT literature today as it's something I'm really passionate about and I'd hopefully one day like to write my own LGBTQ story. I just wanted to recommend three books that I have read and loved which I thought you might like too. They are all from different genres which is great and they all have had an imprint on my heart which I'd like to share with you.

The first book is "This book is gay" by Juno Dawson, this is an absolutely incredible book. I think the only way to truly describe it is as the A-Z of being LGBTQ. It is a great book to read if you've recently come out, if you're thinking about coming out or even if you're a straight ally! Sending my love to you if you are by the way! Anyway it goes through everything from coming out to sex and everything you should know about the LGBTQ community. I seriously recommend it and if you're gay and you've read it give it to members of your family, it's a great learning tool for people who aren't really in the know and it could help your family understand you more if they don't know a lot about the community.

The next book is fiction and it's called "Two Boys Kissing" by David Levithan, this was one of the first books I read containing LGBTQ characters and them being the main focus. Without giving too much away it follows five characters and their lives, relationships and it's just a really lovely read. I highly recommend it, Levithan's writing style is just so good! The story is also so layered, like an onion and it's just a great page turner.

Lastly this is an autobiography, "A work in progress" by Connor Franta, I wanted to include this because it's just such an honest book and he talks about coming out and his personal experience. I read this book whilst I was really coming to terms with my sexuality and it really helped me to gain to confidence to live my life and not be afraid. Reading someone else's journey made me feel so less alone and I want to thank Connor for this incredible book. If you have not read it, go to a book shop and buy it now.

I hope if you're looking for book inspiration this helped you in anyway. These are just three books that have had an impact on me and I'd like the impact to be shared with you.

Lots of love

George x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© George Clark | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig