Saturday 28 January 2017

If I was on Desert Island Discs

Desert Island Discs is one of my favourite things on this earth and the other day I was sitting on the bus and thought, what would my eight discs be? So here they are.

I'm currently pretending I'm talking to Kirsty Young.

The first song is 'Lift Me Up' sung by Geri Halliwell, my Mum always says that when I was a baby and she put on this song I would stop crying. It makes me think about my Mum and it makes me calm down to this day.

The second disc I have chosen is 'Perfect Moment' sung by Martine McCutcheon, this song also reminds me of my Mum as this is our song. Just after I was born this song played on the radio and I cannot hear it without getting emotional, my Mum and I have always been so close and it just makes me remember happy memories from being small.

The third disc I have chosen is 'Spinning Around' sung by Kylie Minogue, I cannot remember my life without Kylie's music being the soundtrack to it. My Dad always played her music when I was young and this is my all time favourite Kylie track. It makes me think of Saturday mornings with my Dad, dancing along to a concert dvd that he had. It just makes me smile and it reminds me of my Dad and that's really special to me.

The fourth disc is 'How will I know' sung by Whitney Houston, Whitney is one of my favourite artists of all time. I have always adored her music and I can't imagine a world without her music. She is a true legend and I love nothing more than belting out her songs.

The fifth disc I have chosen is 'Buy me a rose' sung by Luther Vandross, soul music has always been a part of my life and it feeds my soul. It reminds me of my family, especially my Grandad and my Mum and Luther's voice is just liquid gold. I would say this my favourite track by him, why I also love this song because one of my closest friends loves this song too and I love sharing the specialness of this.

The sixth disc is 'I'm here' sung by Cynthia Erivo from the 2016-2017 rendition of the Broadway show, The Color Purple. This song makes me feel on top of the world and whenever I am down I sing this song and it instantly gives me a new lease of life. Her voice is magical and her talent as an actor is something I look up to tremendously.

The seventh song is 'Dancing Queen' sung by Abba, this song again has always been one of my favourite songs. It is my Auntie's favourite song and it just makes me think of her when I listen to it. As I am currently seventeen I listen to this song as much as I can as you're only the dancing queen once. Unless you're my Auntie who will always be.

The eighth song I have chosen is 'Love on top' sung by Beyoncé Knowles, I absolutely adore Beyoncé, she is truly a bad ass woman who slays my existence. I can remember being about seven years old dancing to her songs in my room. This one though instantly makes me happy and I love to dance to it.

Although if I had to choose one it would have to be Kylie's 'Spinning Around' because I could listen to it all day and never get tired of it.

So I've been given the Bible and the complete works of Shakespeare, the book I would have to have is Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. As I could read it forever and never get tired of it, I love her writing style and the whole idea of the book. I am an Elizabeth Gilbert fangirl and proud.

Now a luxury, this was the thing that took me the longest to think of. This one has been used on a previous disc, Kylie's in fact but I would like a photo album filled with pictures of me, my family and my friends. I love to reminisce and I think the album could keep me occupied for some time.

Kirsty young, "Thank you for sharing your Desert Island Discs"

Me, "It was my pleasure to"

Queue the music...

Lots of love

George x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© George Clark | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig